conditions of participation
By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Participant agrees to our Terms and Conditions of Participation.
The organizer of this Sweepstakes is Hat-Line in Austria (Ochsenharing 36, 5163 Mattsee)
This Sweepstakes shall be open to all persons who are at least 18 (eighteen) years of age at the time of entry.
Participation in the Sweepstakes is free of charge, multiple entries by the same person are excluded.
The potential winner shall be notified via facebook 5 working days after the prize drawing. The delivery of the prize shall be free of charge.
If the prize cannot be delivered for reasons within the sphere of the potential winner, the potential winner’s claim to the prize shall be forfeited.
If the prize is not claimed by the potential winner within one month after notification via facebook, any claim to the prize is forfeited and an alternate potential winner shall be determined based on another selection by chance. The winners of the Sweepstakes shall be final once the potential winners confirm to have received a notification of winning the prize
The prizes in this Sweepstakes may not be redeemed in cash or exchanged for other prizes.
Your data is treated confidentially.
There shall be no recourse to legal action. Austrian law shall apply exclusively.
Sect 3 Austrian Gaming Act (GspG) – The right to operate games of chance shall be reserved for the Federal Government (gaming monopoly) except in those instances provided for in this Federal Act.
Exceptions from the gaming monopoly
Sect 4 Austrian Gaming Act (GspG) – Games of chance are not subject to the gaming monopoly of the Federal Government if they
1. are not in the form of a draw within the meaning of Sect 2 (1), and
2. a) are merely for entertainment and of low value, or b) are non-recurring for the purpose of disposing of a physical asset.
Sect 2 Austrian Gaming Act (GspG) – Draws are games of chance
1. which an entrepreneur arranges, organizes, offers or makes accessible, and
2. in which players or others render monetary benefit or benefit in kind in connection with participation in gambling (stake), and
3. in which the prospect of monetary benefit or benefit in kind is offered by the entrepreneur, from players, or from others (prize).
Reduced gaming tax
Sect 58 (1) Austrian Gaming Act (GspG) Raffles with assets for consideration that are […] directed to the public […] are subject to a gaming tax of 12 per cent of all recoverable stakes.
(3) Games of chance in the course of games for prizes (competitions) without [… stakes] are subject to a gaming tax of 5 per cent of the potential monetary benefit or benefit in kind (prize), if the game of chance is (also) directed to the domestic public. The tax liability shall lapse if the tax does not exceed the amount of EUR 500 in the calendar year.